This weekend I was in the mood of baking, as seen in the image below. And I made one of my favourite baked goods, lamingtons. The recipe I use is so convenient and easy. If you getting any visitors this Festive Season or during Christmas, this recipe is so simple and comes out great.
- 0.5 lb dairy free margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup hot lactose free milk
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (Potassium bitartrate)
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.25 lb dairy-free margarine
- 2 tablespoon cocoa (dairy free, contains atleast 75% cocoa solids)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1.5 cup icing sugar
- Beat the margarine and eggs. Do not over beat!
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar and wait for it to rise.
- Now add all the ingredients together.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes
- Cut the baked cake into squares or into the shape you desire ( I made them into circles)
- Sift the icing sugar with the cocoa in a bowl.
- Add the boiling water and margarine.
Now dip the square cakes into the syrup and roll in coconut.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Share your comments below.