The first time I heard about the Clean 9, I thought it was to good to be true. So I picked up a lot of weight and needed to shop a brand new wardrobe – as nothing in my closet wanted to fit me. And after reading that Victoria Beckham successfully lost weight using this program , I decided to give it a go. Also, that it was dairy free and lactose-free, it was perfect!
Nine days didn’t seem to much of a long time compared to weeks or a month, I was determined to follow the detox program to see if it really worked. I read plenty of reviews online, some promising losing upto 9 kg (19 lb.) in 9 days! Skeptical, but curious, I started my Forever Living Clean 9 Detox journey:
What in the Clean 9 Detox Pack?
- A tin of Forever Lite Ultra Shake (Vanilla)
- 3 500ml Aloe Vera Gel
- Garcinia Plus Tablets (Assists with Metabolism)
- Bee Pollen Tablets
- Fibre Snack Sachets
- Booklet – to record progress, guide on foods to eat and recipes less than 500 calories.
- Tape Measure
Additionally, my distributor supported me throughout my 9 days and was always available to answer any questions I had.
Day 1 & 2:
These two days you are not allowed to eat any food. The day begins and ends with drinking Aloe Vera Gel (it does not have a pleasant taste). In between you consume plenty water, Garcinia, Bee Pollen, fibre sachets and one shake during lunch time. I consumed my shake with almond milk and tasted really great. To this day I still drink the shake for breakfast. You can snack on certain fruits and vegetables during the day, but only in moderation. Also by would exercise by taking brisk walks and play squash for at least 20 minutes, or perform the kettlebell swing and squat thrust workout.
NB: The first two days are the most difficult two days. I highly recommend starting on a Friday, because my day 2 you might get headaches and lack in concentration. So best is to sleep off day 2.
So day 2 was completed, I was very motivated to continue to day 3 knowing that I was going to have dinner on day 3.
Day 3 -9
During the later part of the detox program, you follow exactly as day 1 and 2 , the only changes are having a shake for both breakfast and lunch, and most importantly a 600 calorie dinner.
On day 3 I measured myself only to discover that I only lost a few inches around my waist and tummy. I was very disappointed and was determined to carry on. As they say patience is a virtue. Well, it was day 3 after all and had 6 more days to get the results I wanted.
Since day 3 I had great amount of energy, felt light and did not even crave chocolate or any sweet stuff, not even soda. And I was invited to a birthday part and refused to eat anything there. I just carried my shake with (it was lunch time).
Day 6 – the next time to go the scale and measure up. Well I felt light and energized, so I was sure I lost some weight but didn’t know how much. Nervously I get onto the bathroom scale and to my surprise I lost 4kg (8.8lb.)! Was that not the best day of my life. The tummy looks less bigger, my clothes begin to fit, my thighs have shrink – I am definitely getting somewhere. It motivated me to keep following the program and no way I was cheating after spending so much. So following the program promptly, I was hoping to lose another 4kg (that would be really amazing).
Day 9: It’s the final day to measure. Getting out of the shower and excited to measure myself again. And I get to the bathroom scale and I lost an additional 2.5kg (5.5 lb.). Well I didn’t lose an extra 4kg, but I lost a whole lot of weight. I was ecstatic and felt really great – it was a new beginning or a kick start to achieving my goals about weight loss.
I can genuinely say that the Clean 9 does work, I lost 6.5kg in just 9 days. Its not an easy program – but the rewards made up for it. The Clean 9 is not for everyone and I recommend that people who are serious about weight loss should consider doing it. Additionally it cost a lot , so do not waste your money if you not serious about weight-loss. Remember this is a detox program and not diet.
The people I recommend to take the Clean 9:
- Individuals who need to lose weight and do not know where to start. This is a perfect kick start to your weight-loss campaign. Followed by the Clean 9 is the FIT programs that continue for two months. The FIT programs guide you to living a healthy balanced lifestyle. Click here to learn more about the FIT programs.
- Christmas and New Years has just passed and many were indulging in foods we regret. If you looking to getting rid of those few kilos you picked up, this is perfect for you.
- Individuals that need to fit into a dress or outfit such as for a wedding, prom or graduation.
OTHER BENEFITS OF THE CLEAN 9 DETOX:
- Provides 19 of the 20 amino acids the body needs and 7 of the 8 essential amino acids that the body cannot make.
- It improves circulation
- Improves metabolic disorders
- It is an adaptagen – it adapts to the body and what the body needs.
- Aloe Vera is a natural balancer – regulates yeast and bacteria in the body
- Boosts the immune system.
Please note: Consult your doctor before you carry out any type of detox
Another great way to start-off 2016 with a bang and lose those extra few kilos. Have you tried the Clean 9 and what success have you achieved? Any thoughts on this detox program – feel free to comment below.