GoodBelly has launched a new range of Probiotic and Protein Shakes that are lactose free and suitable for vegans.
GoodBelly has launched a line of delicious probiotic drinks formulated for daily digestive health designed to help power your day. The shake is packed with 15 grams of plant-based protein to nourish the body and 40 billion live and active probiotic cultures and support digestive health. GoodBelly Protein Shakes are available in three juicy flavors: Tropical Coconut, Green Power and Triple Berry.
What makes GoodBelly Protein Shakes Unique?
GoodBelly Protein Shakes contain a highly effective probiotic strain known as LP299V (Lactobacillus plantarum 299V). Lp299V, is a member of the Lactobacillus family of micro-organisms, friendly bacteria that have been found to populate a healthy human gastrointestinal tract. A lack of healthy bacteria in the intestines can cause an overgrowth of less beneficial bacteria, and this imbalance has been linked with diarrhea, IBS and other gastrointestinal complaints. The benefits of Lp299V are as follows:
- Withstand stomach’s acidic environment, meaning it’s supports a healthy digestive system
- Adheres to the cells that line the colon forming a defensive barrier
- Prevents diarrhea associated with the intake of antibiotics
- Prevents bloating associated with individuals suffering from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Encourages a healthy immune system
- Assisted with patients suffering from colitis
GoodBelly Protein Shakes are:
- Very delicious!
How is the protein shake made without whey protein?
GoodBelly Protein Shakes are made from the combination of pea and chickpea protein that is combined with probiotics. Pea and chickpea protein were used so that the product would be suitable for vegans and would taste great. Interesting enough, it was found (through research) that traditional proteins such as whey and soy did not provide a smooth texture and did not taste well – the CEO, Alan Murray, described the taste like chalk.
Who should be drinking GoodBelly Protein Shake?
GoodBelly Protein Shakes are ideal for active consumers, athletes, or anyone who needs an on-the-go protein boost. Additionally, this is perfect if you looking for a shake if you suffer from IBS, looking for healthier options and looking to lose weight, if you are lactose inloterant, a vegan or someone with major digestive problems.
Cost and Availability
GoodBelly Protein Shakes will be available at Sprouts Farmers Markets, Amazon.com and retailers nationwide (Only US) in February 2016 with a suggested retail price of $3.49 per 15.2 oz. (450ml) bottle.
Flavor details include:
- Tropical Coconut: Smooth and tropical, this vibrant shake will have your taste buds dancing from the flavors of bananas, coconut and passionfruit.
- Green Power: A delicious blend of good-for-you greens, including spinach, alfalfa grass and spirulina, this healthy shake is balanced by the sweetness of apples, pears and bananas.
- Triple Berry: Refreshingly juicy, this berry-licious beverage is a sweet fusion of strawberry, blueberry and blackberry
Finding a protein shake that is suitable for vegans and individuals that are lactose intolerant can be very hard to find. Additionally a product that promotes a healthy digestive system is definitely a bonus. Also with three available flavors, it should taste utterly delicious. This is a definite yes to drink GoodBelly Protein Shakes on a daily basis
Have you tried GoodBelly Protein Shakes? What are your thoughts on this newly launched product? Feel free to comment below.